* Basel says cut near 50,000 jobs since the start of crisis * Hopes to complete $20 bln debt restructuring in '09 (Adds more quotes, details, background) By Kiryl Sukhotski and Polina Devitt MOSCOW, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Russian tycoon Oleg Deripaska's metals-to-timber conglomerate Basic Element (BasEL) has cut about 50,000 jobs since the crisis began last year, a company executive said, revealing the biggest layoff Russia has ever seen. Basic Element's Deputy Chief Executive Andrei ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-BasEl says 50,000 jobs cut, seeks debt deals" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642