* Says price hikes taken not enough to cover cost push * Spending 7-8 bln rupees for expansion this fiscal (Adds quotes, details) By Aniruddha Basu MUMBAI, April 29 (Reuters) - MRF Ltd , India's top tyre maker, may face pressure on its operating profit margins despite expectations of robust sales because of a surge in commodity prices, a senior official at the firm told Reuters. Prices of natural rubber, a key commodity for tyre makers, had hit a record high of 16,950 rupees ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-MRF sees costs eroding margins" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.