* Has cut staff 11 pct from 2007 levels * Could make more cuts in 2010-2012 if needed * Orders weak, but pre-order activity continues By Scott Malone BOSTON, July 29 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer SPX Corp believes it has slimmed down almost enough to weather the current economic downturn, but would make further cuts in the coming years if needed, its top executive said. "By the end of the year, we will have accomplished much if not all of what we've wanted in terms of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-SPX CEO says restructuring almost done" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.