* Says speed of Tesla deal shows Toyota has "venture spirit" * Says still has to win back trust in the market * Says pure electric vehicles viable commercially By Poornima Gupta SAN FRANCISCO, May 21 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp , reeling from massive vehicle recalls and criticism that it was slow to react to safety issues, said the speed at which it has forged a new electric car partnership with Tesla Motors is proof the company is changing. The Japanese carmaker is taking a $50 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-UPDATE 1-Toyota chief seeks entrepreneurial spark" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.