* U.S Steel ready to ramp-up production * Sees some improvement in order flows * Calls for China to play by world trade rules By Steve James NEW YORK, June 23 (Reuters) - U.S. Steel Corp , which has been operating at less than half its capacity during the economic downturn, is on the verge of ramping-up production as orders improve, its chairman and CEO said on Tuesday. John Surma also blasted China for undermining the global steel industry through subsidies and tax benefits and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"INTERVIEW-U.S. Steel sees order pick-up, blasts China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.