NEW YORK, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Japan's Isuzu Motors Ltd plans to cut its 2002 production target by half to 30,000 units at its joint facility in Lafayette, Indiana with Subaru automaker Fuji Heavy Industries , the Mainichi Shimbun said. A spokeswoman at SIA, or Subaru-Isuzu Automotive Inc, said the revised annual target will be announced after Sept. 1, and added that "6,000 units will be reduced in 2002." The Mainichi's online Wednesday edition cited diminishing sales of sport-utility ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Isuzu Indiana plant to halve '02 output plan-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.