ROME, July 28 (Reuters) - Italy's anti-trust authority said on Monday that motorway restaurant group Autogrill abused its dominant market position in seeking to take over competitor Ristop. But since Autogrill's move to acquire Ristop was ultimately blocked, and the operation had no impact on the market, the authority said Autogrill should not be fined for abusing its market dominance. "The authority has decided not to levy any financial sanction," it said in a one-page statement.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy Autogrill used dominance, says antitrust" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.