MILAN, May 29 (Reuters) - The economic crisis cannot be resolved by inflation, Italian Economy Minister Giulio Tremonti said in an interview with newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore published on Friday. "Inflation is not the positive policy solution and cannot be a European solution," he was quoted as saying. Asked about Italian automaker Fiat SpA's offer for German peer Opel , Tremonti said governments' intervention in the industrial sector had been conditioned by factors of prestige and power, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy econ min says inflation no crisis cure-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.