TURIN, Sept 30 (Reuters) - An Italian ministerial committee is expected to review the temporary layoff policies at loss-making automaker Fiat before the end of October, a union source told Reuters on Monday. Fiat has made use of temporary layoffs this year as it restructures, but rigid Italian labour laws have hampered the group's ability to take wider action and any further management plans to axe jobs would likely prompt a major conflict. "The accord signed in recent months (with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy govt to review Fiat policies in Oct -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.