By Jo Winterbottom MILAN, May 31 (Reuters) - Italy's government is under fire from unions and opposition politicians for failing to back car maker Fiat and persuade Germany it would be the best partner for Opel, the European arm of General Motors . Germany on Saturday sealed a deal with Canadian auto parts group Magna , GM and the U.S. government to save Opel from the imminent bankruptcy of its U.S. parent. [ID:nLU272618] Magna has Russian backing for its bid. "The Italian government ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy govt under fire for inaction over Fiat plans" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.