ROME, April 30 (Reuters) - Italian Industry Minister Claudio Scajola welcomed on Thursday news of a deal between U.S. auto maker Chrysler LLC and Italy's Fiat , saying he would work to facilitate dialogue with Italian trade unions. "A Fiat that is stronger in the world will be stronger in Italy as well and will make Italy stronger in the world," said Scajola in a statement. "I commit myself to favour dialogue between Fiat and unions." (Reporting by Stephen Brown)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy gov't vows to help Fiat/Chrysler tie-up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.