By Stefano Rebaudo MILAN, June 20 (Reuters) - Italian financier Roberto Colaninno is close to reaching a deal to take a controlling stake in Piaggio, the maker of the Vespa scooter, sources close to the talks said on Friday. Colaninno, a takeover specialist, last week extended exclusive talks over a possible acquisition of Piaggio with its owners until June 27. The move raised speculation that the deal, which he had originally planned to close by the end of June, might fall through. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy's Colaninno close to Piaggio deal -source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642