HANOI, June 25 (Reuters) - Italian scooter maker Piaggio SpA has begun production at its first plant in Vietnam, making inroads into one of the world's largest scooter markets. Piaggio plans to sell up to 50,000 Vespas a year from its $30 million factory in the northern province of Vinh Phuc, near the capital Hanoi, the Vietnamese government said in a report. Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai said Piaggio should use Vietnam as a production hub for the Asian market. The scooter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Italy's Piaggio starts to make Vespas in Vietnam" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.