TOKYO, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Automobile sales in Japan, excluding 660cc minivehicles, rose 2.3 percent in August from a year earlier to 198,265 vehicles, marking the first gain in 13 months, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said on Tuesday. Sales at top-ranked Toyota Motor Corp , excluding the Lexus brand, rose 9 percent, while Nissan Motor Co fell 1.4 percent and Honda Motor Co gained 13.4 percent. *Lexus is the luxury brand of Toyota Motor. Sales in Japan began on Aug. 30, 2005.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan Aug non-mini auto sales first yr/yr rise in 13 mths" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642