TOKYO, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Japan's Daihatsu Motor Co. , the minivehicle arm of Toyota Motor Corp. , said on Monday it planned to produce 1.398 million vehicles globally next year, up 19.8 percent from 2005. Daihatsu, Japan's second-biggest maker of 660cc minivehicles after Suzuki Motor Corp. , forecast a 17.3 percent growth in overseas output to 332,000 units, and a 20.6 percent jump in domestic production to 1.066 million vehicles. The numbers include vehicles built by Daihatsu for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan Daihatsu expects 20 pct rise in 2006 output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.