TOKYO, Aug 23 (Reuters) - The following stocks are on the move on Friday. **FURUKAWA ELECTRIC JUMPS ON CONTINUED SHORT-COVER** Furukawa Electric Co Ltd, the world's second-largest fibre-optics maker, up 11.91 percent or 38 yen at 357, having gained 17.4 percent since marking a year-to-date low on Wednesday on short-covering triggered by firmer U.S. shares. Large buy orders were placed through Merrill Lynch and Nikko Salomon Smith Barney, a trader said. 0520 GMT **CHIP EQUIPMENT ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan Hot Stocks-Furukawa, Tokyo Electron, Sumitomo Chemical" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642