TOKYO, June 1 (Reuters) - Automobile sales in Japan, excluding 660cc minivehicles, fell 37.8 percent in May from a year earlier to 142,154 vehicles, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said on Wednesday. Sales at top-ranked Toyota Motor Corp , excluding the Lexus brand, fell 56.6 percent, while Nissan Motor Co dropped 16.1 percent and Honda Motor Co retreated 34.5 percent. (Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan non-mini auto sales down 37.8 pct in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.