TOKYO, April 1 (Reuters) - Automobile sales in Japan fell 35.1 percent in March from a year earlier, the Japan Automobile Dealers Association said on Friday, as the market felt the effects of a devastating earthquake in the country's northeast. Excluding 660cc minivehicles, auto sales fell 37 percent in March from a year earlier to 279,389 vehicles. Sales at top-ranked Toyota Motor Corp , excluding the Lexus brand, fell 45.9 percent, while Nissan Motor Co declined 37.7 percent and Honda ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan overall vehicle sales fall 35.1 pct in March" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.