TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters Life!) - With Japan's economy slipping into recession, one department store hopes to brighten the mood by putting on show a car studded with 300,000 crystals. A Mercedes-Benz shimmering with Swarovski crystal glass has gone on display at Sogo's main shop in Osaka as part of a campaign to raise spirits before the Christmas shopping season. "Every retailer is having a tough time," a Sogo spokeswoman in the western city said. "But it's our job to cheer people up." ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan store hopes crystal car beats shopping gloom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.