TOKYO, May 25 (Reuters) - Hino Motors Ltd. , the truck unit of Toyota Motor Corp. , said it was considering building a factory in Colombia to tap growing demand for trucks in South America. The Nikkei business daily reported earlier that Hino would team up with trading house Mitsui & Co and local companies to open a joint factory in the fall of 2008. The paper said the factory would start with an annual output capacity of 4,000 to 5,000 trucks and eventually ramp up to 15,000 units a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan's Hino Motors eyes factory in Colombia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.