NEW YORK, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Mitsui & Co. USA Inc. said on Wednesday it had agreed to buy Steel Technologies Inc. for $30 per share in an all-cash deal valued at about $396 million. The price represents a 63 percent premium over Steel Technologies' Tuesday closing price. Trade in the stock was halted on Wednesday afternoon. Mitsui USA is the largest wholly owned subsidiary of Japanese trading company Mitsui & Co., Ltd. .
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan's Mitsui to buy Steel Technologies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642