(Adds Takefuji's share buyback) By Eriko Amaha TOKYO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - The Nikkei average rose 2.4 percent to end at a six-week closing high on Thursday as investors, encouraged by gains on Wall Street, bought recent poor performers while Hitachi Ltd surged on a possible unit sale. Amid easing concern about fallout from subprime problems, bank and brokerage firms rang up hefty gains while shares in consumer finance firms, the worst-performing sector this year, lured buyers looking ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan's Nikkei at 6-week closing high, Hitachi up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.