TOKYO, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Japan's TOPIX index rose more than 2 percent by early afternoon trade on Thursday, as investors bought recent poor performers, while Hitachi Ltd jumped 7 percent on a possible unit sale. The TOPIX was up 2.1 percent at 1,608.59 as of 0341 GMT, while the Nikkei share average gained 1.9 percent, or 308.46 points, to 16,744.20.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Japan's TOPIX gains 2 percent, Hitachi jumps" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.