TOKYO, June 29 (Reuters) - Victor Co. of Japan (JVC) , a Japanese electronics maker mulling a merger with Kenwood Corp. , said on Friday it would exit the Japanese car audio market to focus on growing overseas markets. JVC's car audio business in Japan had been losing money and accounted for just 5 percent of the company's total car audio sales, a Tokyo-based spokesman said. The overall business is profitable and revenue is expanding, he said. The Japanese car audio market has declining ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"JVC to withdraw from Japanese car audio market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.