STATISTICAL TABLES in Excel format can be found with Data Search.
Tables of interest include:
- North American vehicle sales and production, U.S. inventory by model line, market share by OEM, updated monthly with historical periods for trend analysis
- European, Asia/Pacific, South American and other international vehicle sales and production data, updated monthly by OEM, country and region
- North American product cycle chart – describing all domestic and imported light vehicles, new vehicle introductions and model changes for the upcoming 6-7 years
- Engine and equipment installation rates by OEM, brand and model line for current content, historical trends, competitive areas
- Ward’s Market Segmentation for model comparison, criteria for each segment
- Ward’s North American production forecast by plant and platform for 18-24 months into the future, updated monthly
- Vehicle dimensions, price, MPG, body styles with engine specifications for standard and optional engines
- U.S. Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR) figures, historical and current
NEWS provides new and constantly evolving information about the OEMs, suppliers, vehicles and the many components and technologies around the world. Core topics within our direct news coverage include:
- Market and competitive strategies of OEMs and suppliers, including international market preferences, positioning, and changes
- Extensive coverage of the retail side of the business, including dealer F&I, fixed operations and sales.
- Emerging vehicle and powertrain technologies, early applications and new entrants from around the world
- Trends and new developments in vehicle and component design, manufacturing, and material use
- Details on new and redesigned vehicles, changes from the prior model year
- Emissions, regulatory and political considerations likely to impact the industry
Don’t miss our annual coverageof the best performers in the industry, including the:
- Ward's Auto Interior show and Best Interior awards – the only conference and awards recognizing excellence in the interior design of vehicles
- Ward's 10 Best Engines awards – the best engines as judged by the Ward’s staff, with comment and analysis of all nominees and rationale for the winners
BLOGS provide comment, insight and analysis directly from our experienced staffers. These blogs are likely to be of interest:
Ward's Counting Cars from John Sousanis – analysis, opinion and comment on the latest trends in vehicle sales, inventory and production
Barbara McClellan – focusing on environmental matters, international market issues
Eric Mayne – favoring topics in management and politics, usually with a bit of humor
Dave Zoia – perspective on management, politics, and technology news
Tom Murphy – tackling suppliers, technology, vehicles, peppered with wit
E-NEWSLETTERS give you specific Ward’s information, delivered right to your inbox. We offer several depending on your interest. Subscribe.
Ward's Auto Sales Report- Ward's offers a monthly summary of the sales reports from the world's major automakers, with data pulled from WardsAuto.com supplemented with analysis from Ward's trusted data crunchers.
WardsAuto.com Subscriber Daily- Latest global auto industry news, data and analysis, exclusively for subscribers to our award-winning website.
WardsAuto OEM Edition- Weekly highlights from top stories on our award-winning WardsAuto.com website with automakers and automotive suppliers in mind.
WardsAuto Update on Electronics- Ward's editors examine the latest news, trends and applications in new electronic technologies throughout the global automotive industry.
Wards Green Report- The auto industry is embracing green technology more than virtually any other sector, from producing more fuel efficient and alternative-fuel vehicles, to using biodegradable materials in production, to running manufacturing plants that minimize environmental concerns, to dealerships selling and repairing vehicles in an earth-friendly manner. Ward's editors deliver its deep coverage of green advancements into one monthly enewsletter to help automotive professionals stay on top of the latest environmental technologies and trends.