BRATISLAVA, Feb 24 (Reuters) - South Korean carmaker Kia Motors Corp will boost car production in Slovakia by 40 percent this year, driven mainly by rising demand in the SUV market, the company's Slovak unit said on Wednesday. Kia Motors Slovakia chief executive In-Kyu Bae told journalists it planned to boost production at its Slovak site to 210,000 cars. Engine production should rise to 300,000 units in 2010, up from 243,000 units last year. "The SUV market in Europe is going up ... ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia to boost output in Slovakia by 40 pct in 2010" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.