SEOUL, July 25 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp said on Friday quarterly operating profit more than tripled, but the numbers from South Korea's No.2 automaker missed market forecasts as higher marketing costs overseas offset solid sales. Kia, an affiliate of the country's top automaker Hyundai Motor Co , reported a 117 billion won ($115.9 million) operating profit in the second quarter ended on June 30, missing a 133 billion won profit forecast by a Reuters poll of 11 analysts. That compared ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Motors Q2 OP triples, but comes below f'cast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642