SHANGHAI, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Kia Motors Corp. has begun trial operations at a new 6.8 billion yuan ($900 million) plant in China, with the first phase of mass production scheduled to start in October, the South Korean company said. Kia's China venture Dongfeng Yueda Kia, a three-way tie-up that includes China's Dongfeng Motor Group Co. Ltd. and Jiangsu Yueda Investment Co. , already operates a plant in east China making the Cerato, Optima and Rio models. The new plant will more than ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kia Motors starts trial run at second China plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.