OSLO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Norwegian auto parts group Kongsberg Automotive will begin talks with trade unions to close its Aamotfors plant in Sweden and shift the production to Poland, the company said on Friday. The plant has 90 employees and the risk of closure was announced in June, Kongsberg Automotive said in a statement. Kongsberg Automotive said the planned shutdown stemmed from the "significant cost gap between high-cost and low-cost countries". "We are one of the world's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Kongsberg Automotive plans Swedish unit closure" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.