By Gina Keating LOS ANGELES, Feb 27 (Reuters) - A judge on Friday overturned a $33-million jury award against Budget Rent-A-Car and the city of Los Angeles in a nationally watched case involving a black doctor who said he was permanently injured during a wrongful arrest for car theft. Los Angeles police pulled over and arrested Angelo Gousse in February 2001 on suspicion of car theft after noting that the vehicle had been reported stolen. Budget later admitted to putting the wrong ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"L.A. judge orders new trial in $33 mln Budget case" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.