By Rodrigo Martinez PUEBLA, Mexico, July 30 (Reuters) - The world's last "Love Bug" Volkswagen Beetle rolled off the production line on Wednesday, ending the long history of a car that was Hitler's idea but was adopted by hippies and became a Hollywood star. The light blue Bug -- No. 21,529,464 in the car's 68-year history -- came off the line at Volkswagen's plant in Mexico, serenaded by mariachi musicians, and headed for the company's museum in its hometown of Wolfsburg, Germany. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Last "Love Bug" Beetle rolls into history books" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.