CHICAGO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - The only car the late Pope John Paul II ever owned sold at auction for $680,000 on Saturday to a Houston attorney and car collector. The car, which fetched much less than previous estimates of $2 million to $5 million, attracted four or five bids before being purchased by John O'Quinn, said a spokeswoman for the Kruse International auction house. The 1975 powder-blue Ford Escort went on the auction block in Las Vegas after a father-son ownership spat was ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Late pope's Ford Escort sells for $680,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642