* Consumer LED bulb market hindered by cost, production * Niche LED markets set for fast growth By Nina Chestney LONDON, May 18 (Reuters) - The light-emitting diode (LED) sector is growing fast, especially in niche markets such as the car industry, but LED bulbs will not be a mass consumer item for some time, developers and experts said on Tuesday. Lighting accounts for around 20 percent of global electricity consumption. LED bulbs use 20 percent of the energy of a traditional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"LED market faces bright outlook but hurdles remain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642