TORONTO, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Linamar Corp , which makes precision automotive components for engines and transmissions, said it will announce about 400 layoffs later on Thursday. The layoffs will be spread out across Linamar's 38 plants worldwide and come on top of slightly under 400 workers already on layoff, said Linamar spokeswoman Crystal Roberts. "Volume reductions in both the industrial and automotive industry are... approximately 20 percent down across the board, which obviously is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Linamar to layoff about 400 workers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.