DETROIT, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Car dealership group Lithia Motors Inc. on Tuesday posted lower quarterly earnings because of the cost of financing higher inventory levels. Lithia posted third-quarter net earnings of $12.7 million, or 63 cents per share, down from $17.6 million, or 85 cents per share, a year earlier. The Medford, Oregon-based company forecast earnings per share from continuing operations of between $1.90 to $2.10 for 2007.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lithia quarterly earnings drop on inventory costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642