By Ben Ber-kowitz LOS ANGELES, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Lotus, the sports-car maker best known for its Formula One cars, on Tuesday announced that it would return to the U.S. market with a souped-up version of its Elise two-seater. Lotus, now a unit of Malaysian national carmaker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd (Proton) , said at the Los Angeles Show that the Elise, long available in Europe, would be ready for sale in the United States sometime in late May. The new model, which will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lotus returns to U.S. with new model sports car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.