HANOVER, Germany, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Lower Saxony, the German state that controls the second-largest stake in Volkswagen , will discuss with senior VW labour officials extending Chief Executive Bernd Pischetsrieder's contract by five years. "We will hold talks with the employee side (on the supervisory board) over extending the contract of Pischetsrieder by a further five years," Lower Saxony Premier Christian Wulff of the conservative Christian Democrats told reporters in Hanover on Friday.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Lower Saxony seeks to extend VW CEO's contract" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.