BERLIN, May 28 (Reuters) - Magna International chairman Frank Stronach said on Thursday his firm had significantly boosted the amount of its own capital it was prepared to offer in its bid for General Motors unit Opel. He also said that further meetings between Magna and GM would take place today and that GM had not been properly prepared for a marathon meeting with the German government in Berlin on Wednesday night which ended in no agreement. (Reporting by Thorsten Severin)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna boosted capital on offer for Opel-Stronach" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.