FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Austrian contract carmaker Magna Steyr said on Thursday it will continue to build the Mercedes-Benz G-Class offroader until the end of 2015. The subsidiary of Canadian auto parts giant Magna , has already built 200,000 units of the G-Class, whose German military variety is called the Wolf. "The G-Class has a high symbolic value for automobile production in Styria, since it has been built in Graz for the past 30 years," Magna Chief Executive Siegfried Wolf ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Magna Steyr to build Mercedes G-Class through 2015" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.