MUMBAI, March 31 (Reuters) - Maharashtra Scooters Ltd. said on Friday it will stop making geared scooters from April 2006 after its majority stake holder Bajaj Auto Ltd. halted production. The company said it expects to sell the remaining stock of about 2,450 finished geared scooters within a few months. In January, Bajaj Auto increased its stake in Maharashtra Scooters to 51 percent, paying $10.5 million to the state of Maharashtra. The company said it would continue to make casting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maha Scooters to stop making geared scooters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642