KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Sales of Malaysia's passenger cars totalled 28,380 units in August, down 17 percent from 34,215 units in the same month last year, the Malaysian Automotive Association (MAA) said on Monday. Commercial vehicle sales rose to 8,142 units from 6,830 a year earlier, the group said in a statement. For the first eight months of the year, total motor vehicle sales were 274,196 units against 299,964 recorded in the same period of 2002.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia Aug passenger car sales down 17 pct yr/yr" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.