KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Malaysian total vehicle sales rose 20.2 percent to 53,984 units in July from a year earlier, a trade body said on Wednesday. Passenger car sales rose 19 percent to 48,801 units in July from a year ago, the Malaysian Automotive Association said in a statement. July 2008 July 2007 (units) (units) Passenger cars 48,801 41,015 Commercial vehicles 5,183 3,911 - - - - - - - - Total 53,984 44,926 (Reporting by Faisal Aziz; Editing by Niluksi Koswanage)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia auto sales up 20.2 pct in July on year-body" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.