KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Sales of passenger cars in Malaysia fell 16.3 percent to 27,468 units in October from the same month last year, the Malaysian Automotive Association said on Wednesday. Month-on-month, sales fell 2.2 percent from September's 28,072 units. Car sales in Malaysia, once Southeast Asia's biggest car market, had been falling this year as buyers await for prices to fall ahead of Malaysian auto sector's delayed entry to ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia Oct passenger car sales down 16.3 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642