By Jalil Hamid KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Malaysian auto and banking group Edaran Otomobil Nasional (EON) on Wednesday posted a 16 percent rise in net profit for the six months to end June and said the outlook for the second half of the year could be satisfactory. The country's largest car distributor said while overall passenger car sales will grow in 2002, stiffer competition in the industry backed by significant discounting and promotion could depress margins. The group, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia's EON 6-mth profit up 16 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.