BANGKOK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Malaysia's carmaker Proton plans to raise annual car exports to 100,000 within the next few years from about 44,000 forecast for this fiscal year, chief executive Syed Mohamed Tahir said on Thursday. The state-owned company expected a substantial portion of its future exports to come from China and India where it hoped to establish footholds soon, Tahir told reporters. Proton in July appointed Youngman Automobile Group Ltd as its distributor in China where it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia's Proton sets ambitious car export target" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642