KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Malaysian conglomerate Sime Darby said on Friday first quarter net profit rose 18 percent as strong palm oil prices and property sales outweighed dips in its auto and heavy equipment divisions. The sale of a 22-percent stake in oleochemical-maker Palmco Holdings Bhd also helped it raise a one-time net gain of 70 million ringgit ($18.4 million). One of Asia's oldest conglomerates, Sime has diversified businesses spanning plantations, property, tyre ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysia's Sime posts 18 pct rise in Q1 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642