FRANKFURT, July 23 (Reuters) - German truck and engineering group MAN declined to comment on Wednesday on a report it may buy a 45 percent stake in Swedish truck and bus maker Scania . MAN shares were down 3.7 percent at 17.19 euros by 1026 GMT after its chief was quoted as saying the firm did not want to part with its truck business, dampening speculation of a takeover.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MAN declines comment on report may buy Scania stake" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.