First wave of temp-worker layoffs hit Maruti Suzuki Manesar plant.
MUMBAI – India’s slumping automobile industry sheds about 5,000 temporary jobs as production-capacity utilization plunges to 63%. Auto makers fear utilization may slide to 50% as inventories accumulate and many dealers report having 6- to 8-week supplies of unsold vehicles. The 5,000 temporary jobs have been lost not only in auto plants but also in the supply and distribution chains. An equal number of temporary workers fear being terminated or sent on long unpaid leave ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Ailing Indian Auto Makers Shed 5,000 Temporary Jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.