Andrew Smith, new GM Holden design director.
Andrew Smith, 43, takes the job effective Aug. 1, capping a 20-year international career with General Motors leading interior, exterior and advanced design, as well as global architecture development and concept-car creation on three continents. The New South Wales native joined Holden in 1992, eventually becoming responsible for the exterior design of the VU utility vehicle and Sandman and Utester concepts before being promoted to interior-design manager leading the domestic VE ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM Holden Taps Australian for Top Design Post" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.