GM reportedly eyeing 50% of Proton plant where Persona is built.
General Motors, Volkswagen and Mitsubishi reportedly are competing for a partnership with Malaysian auto maker Proton, and new owner DRB-Hicom is evaluating the three rival plans. The Business Times quotes an unnamed source as saying GM plans to make a pitch to gain control of half of Proton’s production lines at its factory in Tanjung Malim, Perak. The plant’s capacity is about 250,000 units a year but can be expanded to 1 million a year. “The deal is valued at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"GM, VW, Mitsubishi Seek Stake in Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.